Dublin will take over a care home run by an ex-pat who was forced to flee the country following a tragic car accident in Ireland, it has been announced.
Dublin Health Minister John Healy will lead the bid to buy and operate the home.
The new care home will have about 300 beds, with an average of 10 beds per bed, according to a statement.
The announcement comes as thousands of residents are expected to flock to the city to attend a memorial service for Mr Dyson, who was killed in a fatal car crash last year.
Mr Dyson’s death is the latest tragic death in Ireland in recent years, with the death of another elderly Irish man, Anthony Tully, in March last year and the deaths of four young people in Dublin in the past three years.
In June last year, Mr Dison was involved in a deadly car crash that killed his girlfriend and two of his daughters.
His funeral is expected to take place in Dublin City Hall on Thursday.
The decision was welcomed by Minister Healy who said the family had not been afforded adequate time to reflect on the loss of their father.
“This is a significant step towards the safe and dignified transfer of care to Dublin Health,” he said.
“There is still a lot to do, but this is the beginning of a new chapter in the lives of the Dyson family and their families.”
Mr Dison’s wife, Jane, who had not made public comment at the time, died in February last year of a brain tumour.